125x125_tinbutton

This company has paid me for surveys...

Saturday, July 4, 2009

You Have How Many Toes???

clipart_may07_teacher.gif


Needless to say, elementary got to be pretty interesting and entertaining when it came to counting...

Teacher: "Brenda, we are going to count our fingers and toes today. How many fingers do you have total?"

Brenda: "Ten."

Teacher: "Right! And how many toes do you have total?"

Brenda: "Nine."

Teacher: "Okay, Brenda, Maybe you aren't understanding my question. Let's try this a different way. How many toes do people have on a foot?"

Brenda: "Most people have five."

Teacher: "Perfect! So, 5 + 5= how much?"

Brenda: "Ten"

Teacher: "Great! Now, tell me again, how many toes do you have total?"

Brenda: "Nine."

The bell rang and I think the teacher was a bit frustrated and confused. (She never stopped long enough to let me to explain, so I didn't tell her why I had 9 toes total.) She just kept repeating the same questions. She called my mom and told her she just didn't know why I was not getting the answer. She knew I knew how to add correctly. My mom proceeded to tell her that I indeed did know how to count and I did only have 9 toes. She explained to her what had happened. As soon as I got to school the next morning, she grabbed me, gave me a big hug, and apologized for doubting me the day before. I didn't know what all the fuss was about, but I sure was glad she didn't start asking me that question again!

No comments:

Guestbook