125x125_tinbutton

This company has paid me for surveys...

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fun In The Sun With Dad

A lot of my fond memories were visiting with my dad on weekends. We usually went to my grandparent's home, due to them living in-between both of our homes. My grandparent's lived on a farm, had horses, cows, roosters, chickens, dogs, and yes...even an outhouse We kids thought that was soooo cool...(Of course, they had indoor plumbing that was the actual restroom.) My dad and grandfather taught us to saddle and ride horses (although, I couldn't tell you how to do it now), how to fish, etc.

They also taught us how to watch out for those cow patties, so as not to step in them. However, they never thought to tell us not to jump in them!!! We loved going to the hayloft and looking down at the cows and horses from the little window where my grandfather threw out the hay. They did tell us not to go up in the loft, so we would not get hurt. Being feisty children though, we just placed a lookout at the other end of the loft facing the house. That way, we could see if any of the adults would head our way looking for us, and we'd have time to vacate the loft. This worked great...until one Christmas day. My step-brother, who is a week older than I am, kept jumping from the loft to the ground below. My sister's and I kept telling him he was going to get us into trouble if he got caught...but he didn't listen to us. He finally ended up landing right in a fresh cow patty! Which normally would have been no big deal...he could have just changed shoes. This particular weekend, though, he had on his brand new pair of boots he had just gotten for Christmas! As soon as we got back to the house, everyone wanted to know where his boots were. (we had left them outside to clean up) No hiding that from anyone!!!! Every one of us got into trouble that Christmas. At least Santa didn't take back our gifts for being naughty! lol


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Guestbook