125x125_tinbutton

This company has paid me for surveys...

Saturday, July 4, 2009

How It All Began

I was about 4 years old at the time. My Mom always was telling me to not go outside without shoes. Well, being the tomboy, I didn't listen very well. I was visiting my Dad's one weekend and we had just gotten back from church. My Dad was inside changing clothes, so I went outside with my step-sisters who were riding bicycles already. (You guessed it....shoeless.) Anyway, I hopped on the back of my sister's bike and she was pumping me around. My legs got tired, so I attempted to stick them on the cover over the chain. Well, I missed and my foot went into the spokes. Cut through 3 toes and hurt like crazy! (Of course, being 3...I screamed like a baby.) My Dad and step-mom rushed me to the hospital and the doctor was able to save 2 toes, but one little piggy ran away!!! Actually, my Dad found it...but they couldn't save it. (My step-dad came into the emergency room and told me he had found my toe...then pulled out a toothpick from his pocket....of course, I thought that was hilarious!!! LOL)

I constantly tell my Mom that I am the reason she went into nursing...she had plenty of practice on me when I was growing up. It all started with this incident and her having to soak and bandage it all the time. (I couldn't stand looking at it, don't know how she did???) They carried me everywhere...I never told them, but that was the only part I didn't like...I wanted to be grown-up and use crutches! (Of course, at the time I didn't realize I was too small and that wasn't even an option.)

Now today, I am a living example to all my nieces and nephews about the consequences of not wearing shoes. Don't feel sorry for me, though...it didn't slow me down one bit and to tell the truth, even when I wear flipflops most people don't even notice. That doctor did a fantastic job sewing it back and not having a big gap. (It was the toe next to my pinkie toe that was lost.) So, there you have it...my 4toed beginning.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Guestbook