125x125_tinbutton

This company has paid me for surveys...

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Four Year Old Arranges Marriage

Just a little background information here...my step-dad has always been a prankster and has a wonderful sense of humor. Obviously I must have recognized this the first few weeks my parents started dating. Because, after they had gone out about two weeks, I followed him into the kitchen and asked, "When are you going to ask my mom to marry you?". Now, I am almost certain my mom was totally shocked and wanted to climb under the table at that particular moment. However, forty plus years later, they are still together...so, I must have chosen well in my only attempt to arrange a marriage.

My step-dad was also loved by all the kids in the neighborhood because of this sense of humor. Children would come knocking on the door all the time. (...not to ask my mom if we could come out to play, but if our step-dad could come out to play!) I loved following him around and watching him work on cars or whatever else he was doing outside. Being the tomboy, I loved being outside! (Hated the domestic stuff...my older sis got those genes.) I was so impressed by his antics that when we went to his parent's house for Thanksgiving one year I repeated his blessing when asked to say the prayer, it went something like this...

"Bless the rooster, bless the hen, back your ears, and poke it in!"

I was so proud!!! (Again, shocked everyone...lol. Of course, mom had told him it was his fault because he taught it to me. ) I was still proud that I had remembered it correctly for him. hee hee.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Guestbook