125x125_tinbutton

This company has paid me for surveys...

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Deviled Eggs Bedeviled Me

Memorial Day 05-Deviled Eggs (Irma calls them ...Image by Old Shoe Woman via Flickr

As I mentioned, I was not the one who inherited the "domestic" genes. I know that was probably frustrating to my mom, since my older sister inherited all of those things from her. Growing up, and still, I had much rather be outside looking at the cars with my dad, be out in the yard in the garden, playing with the dogs, playing basketball, baseball, riding horses, or whatever. Anything but "girly" stuff like shopping, sewing, cooking, wearing dresses, or cleaning. (I was, and still am, a jeans and tennis shoes girl. Still a tomboy.)

You must understand...ALL the women(mom, sis, grandmothers, and great-grandmothers) in our family are fantastic cooks (from scratch), professional like sewers, and spotless cleaners...til me that was. Yes, I can cook, clean, and sew if I need to...but don't particularly enjoy any of those type of things. (Love to eat homemade food, though!) My first attempt at cooking did not go well...I was stubborn, didn't want to cook, didn't even want want to be inside for that matter, and didn't listen. So, my first course was to make Deviled Eggs..simple, right? WRONG!!! I was tired of waiting on those stupid eggs to boil, it was too boring. So, instead of listening to my mom, I took them off the stove. When I cracked them open, they were runny. Let's just say...that is the last time I took them off the stove early! (Runny eggs didn't taste as good as runny chocolate pie...my favorite!)

I also was different in the fact that I hated wearing dresses. When I started band in 6th grade, I thought I had found a way out...You see, my mom would dress me for school in a dress (yuck..you had to be prim and proper in a dress, and I liked playing ball, swinging, and playing chase during recess, etc. Didn't even want to think about trying to keep my bow-legged knees together.). Well, I figured out that my trombone case was just big enough to put my jeans, t-shirt, and tennis shoes in. I would go to school, change clothes during school, then put my dress back on before I went home. Which, I did...for about a week. That is when my step-dad saw me at school in my jeans. Needless to say, I didn't get to continue my ways after that.

So, not for lack of trying on my mom's part...I just was not the girly-girl.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Guestbook